Terhune Orchards apple cider and Stayman Winesap apples make this stuffing a delicious highlight on your Thanksgiving Day table.
- ½ lb of sweet sausage
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- ½ cup Terhune Orchards apple cider
- 5 large Stayman Winesap apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 9 cups bread cubes (1 package or make your own)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp fresh or dried thyme
- Remove the sausage skin and brown it in a large skillet.
- Crumble the sausage into pea-sized pieces.
- Add the celery and onions.
- Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the bread cubes, apples and spices. Pour in the cider for a moist stuffing. Mix well.
- Loosely stuff the turkey; should be enough for a large turkey (@ 20-25 lbs)