You’ll be surprised how easy this soup is to make. After adding the egg, the broth thickens into a hearty bowl of nutritious soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and julienned ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Pinch sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bunch Terhune Orchards spinach
- Handful of chopped green onions
- Parsley, for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot over medium heat and add the shallot and ginger, stirring for two minutes until they are fragrant. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the shallot and garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and green onions to the vegetable broth and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds. Begin stirring in the egg mixture slowly. Season to taste, garnish with parsley and sesame seeds and serve.