- 2 12-oz packages gnocchi (preferably fresh, refrigerated, precooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound (bunch) of Terhune Orchards asparagus trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 small leeks trimmed halved lengthwise, then sliced about ½ inch think (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup peas (frozen peas, thawed or fresh peas)
- 1 lemon, scrubbed
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup sliced fresh chives or parsley (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss gnocchi with 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon butter and ½ teaspoons salt
- On another rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus, leeks and shallots with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and a few generous grinds of pepper.
- Put both pans in the oven, with the gnocchi on the bottom rack and the vegetables above. Stir the gnocchi and vegetables after 5 minutes to distribute the butter. Stir the vegetables once or twice more, but leave the gnocchi undisturbed. Roast until vegetables are golden and getting crispy around the edges, about 15 minutes total, and the gnocchi are golden brown on one side. 20 to 25 minutes total. Stir the peas into the vegetables in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Combine the gnocchi and vegetables on one tray, then grate the lemon zest over the top. Sprinkle with half the parmesan and chives. If using, save some for serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and chives and serve immediately.