An easy and delicious recipe for Easter dinner, or any early spring meal!
- 1 lb. medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced basil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
Boil 1″ water in a 4-qt. saucepan fitted with a steamer insert. Steam potatoes, covered, adding more boiling water as needed, until tender, 1 hour. Let cool, then peel and thinly slice.
Heat oven broiler. Heat oil in an ovenproof 12″ nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, pepper, and onion until soft, 3-4 minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in reserved potatoes, the butter, salt, and pepper. Stir in half the basil and the eggs and reduce heat to medium; cook until golden on the bottom, 8-10 minutes. Broil until set and golden on top, about 3 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil.