A great one dish meal for brunch or a fast supper.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices uncooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat broiler.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 5-7 minutes; drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add shallots. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2-3 minutes; add a few handfuls of kale, tossing with tongs and adding more as it cooks down, until kale is tender, 3-5 minutes. (If skillet seems dry while kale is cooking, add a splash of water.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, cooked bacon, feta and salt; pour over kale mixture. Stir to evenly distribute ingredients; cook undisturbed until eggs are set, about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven; broil until browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.