For the “cream” mixture:
- ½ cup mayo (you can make your own or read label to be careful of ingredients)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled until water and cream separates, use the cream only*
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ fine grain sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Generous pinch cayenne
- Black pepper
For the spinach artichoke mixture:
- 1 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1 med yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained well and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon (look for sugar free) cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large skillet over med heat and add the ghee.
- Add the chopped onions, sprinkle with salt and cook until soft. Then, add the garlic and continue to cook until just softened.
- Once garlic is just softened, add the spinach and sautée until wilted, then add artichokes. Cook for a minute longer, sprinkle again with salt, then remove from heat.
- For the “cream” mixture, in a large bowl combine coconut cream, mayo, lemon juice, onion powder, cayenne, nutritional yeast, ¾ tsp salt. You can whisk together well or use a hand blender to combine until creamy.
- Add spinach mixture to the bowl, discarding any excess liquid left in the skillet. Mix well and transfer to an 8×8″ baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes in the pre-heated oven or until the center is bubbly and the top begins to brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with crumbled bacon.
- Allow to sit 15-20 minutes, then serve warm with plantain chips, sweet potato chips or “toast” or veggies.
- Store dip in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and re-heat as desired.
Adapted from: http://www.paleorunningmomma.com