This makes a wonderful cranberry salad for Thanksgiving!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 small orange
- 1 20 oz can crushed unsweetened pineapple, reserve the juice
- 2 small packages cherry jello
- ½ cup granulated sugar, optional
- 2 cups hot apple cider
- 2 cups chopped Terhune Orchards apples, unpeeled
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Grind the cranberries and orange with a meat grinder or food processor; reserve the juice. Drain the pineapple; reserve the juice. Combine the jello and sugar in a 2-quart dish. Add the hot cider and stir. Combine the reserved juices and add enough cold water to make 2 cups. Add to the jello mixture. Chop the apples, leaving the skins on if you wish. Mix the apples with the lemon juice, chop the celery and nuts, add all this to the cranberry and orange pulp. Combine with the jello mixture and allow to set in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.