Pomegranate juice pairs with garlic, orange juice, and chicken broth for a delicious braising liquid that brings out the rich flavor of Terhune Orchards fennel.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs (1 ¾ pounds total), trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch wedges, plus fronds for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (1 tablespoon)
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat a large skillet over high; add olive oil and fennel in a single layer (work in batches, if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper; cook until browned, 2 minutes a side.
- Add garlic, orange juice, broth, and pomegranate juice. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer, turning once, until tender, 8 minutes.
- Uncover; cook on high until liquid is syrupy, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate; let cool 5 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with mint, fennel fronds, hazelnuts, and pomegranate seeds.