Blueberry Bash Bake-Off Winner 2012- Tommy DeCoste
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour, plus 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter fifteen 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch muffin cups.
- Cream the butter with the sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Pour in the milk, add the egg, and beat until smooth.
- Sift the 1 3/4 cups flour with the baking powder and salt onto a piece of parchment. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Toss the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour in a large bowl and fold into the batter.
- Fill the muffin tins halfway with the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife blade around each muffin. Lift slightly on one side and tilt gently to remove from the tin. Cool briefly on a wire rack.