Blueberry Bash Bake-Off Winner 2011-1st Prize Tart Alison O’Brien
- ¾ cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- 1 ½ cup crumbs from crushed Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies (about 27)
- 3 tbsp butter (Halo Farms), melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cookies and nuts in a food processor and blend to crumbs. Drizzle butter in while pulsing the food processor. Press crumbs into a greased 9’ tart pan, bake for 8 minutes, cool completely.
- 1/4 cup cool water 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup homemade blueberry jam*
- Pinch of sea salt
- 5-6 cups fresh blueberries
- *Do NOT use sugar free jam! Sugar prevents pectin substances from dissolving to mush
Pour water into a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand 2 minutes. Over very low heat, warm just enough to dissolve the gelatin. Place jam in a another medium saucepan, melt the jam over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin, then the salt and blueberries. Stir gently until blueberries are coated but not broken, and pour into crust. Refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 Tbsp Tassot Apiaries Honey
Place a medium bowl and beater into the freezer for 15 minutes. Pour cream into bowl and whip to medium peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the mascarpone and honey. Fold cheese into the whipped cream and chill. When ready to serve dollop the cream topping on the tart and gently smooth out with back of a spoon being careful not to pull the blueberry filling with the topping.