Blueberry Bash Bake-Off Winner 2011 (Makes 2 Rolls)
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries, washed, stemmed and drained dry
- 2 eggs (separate whites from yolks)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 heaping Tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 packages Pillsbury butter flavor croissant dough
- Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks (set aside).
- In separate bowl, beat together 1 egg yolk, cream cheese, sour cream, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Refrigerate.
- Unroll each croissant dough on floured surface; pinch together all pre-cut seams on both sides of dough. Position the long side towards the counter edge.
- For each piece of dough, use half of the cream cheese mixture. Spread it evenly on the dough. Leave a 1” border on three sides of dough (both shorter sides and 1 long edge).
- Sprinkle evenly with blueberries (1 cup each roll) and brush dough edges with water.
- Gently roll the dough away from you into a log. Slightly pinch ends together for a tight seal.
- Place rolls, seams side down, on a oil sprayed baking sheet. Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, sprinkle with powered sugar, refrigerate, slice into 1 inch pieces and serve.