Adapted from “Naples at Table: Cooking in Campania” by Arthur Schwartz, with a few of our own adjustments.
- 6 sweet bell peppers of different colors, roasted, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 oil packed anchovies, finely cut
- 1/4 cup olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- In a small baking dish, combine all the ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- You can run it under the broiler for a few minutes if you want the top crispy.
- Serve as a side dish, toss with pasta, serve on toasted bread, or alongside grilled meat or fish.