- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup butter cut into small pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- In a medium high sided saucepan, bring cider to boil and then reduce heat and simmer until reduced to about ¼ cup, 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, butter, cream and ¼ tsp salt and bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer vigorously, stirring occasionally, until thickened and shiny and a candy thermometer reads between 225°F and 230°F, 7-10 minutes.
- We suggest caramel sauce as a topping for the delicious Arctic vanilla ice cream available in our farm store or on a slice of apple pie.