- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F 2. In a large baking dish, toss half of the olive oil with the red potatoes, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and half the kosher salt. Cover with aluminum foil. 3. Bake 20 minutes. Mix in the asparagus, remaining olive oil, and remaining salt. Cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Remove foil, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.