Blueberry Bash Bake-Off Winner 2011-children’s First Place Prize-Angelina Han
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets with butter.
- In a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together the oats, flour, dried blueberries, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes, until creamy.
- Turn off mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until blended.
- Turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture. Mix on low speed just until blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a heaping spoonful of dough. Using another tablespoon, push the dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing the mounds about 1 ½ inches apart.
- When the baking sheets are full, put them in the oven and bake the cookies for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown around the edges.
- Using oven mitts, remove the baking sheets from the oven and set them on a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Move the cookies onto the rack with a metal spatula and let cool completely.